My Blog List

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Fabulous La Riv


As you know, each year Moi goes all out for Halloween.  As I look back at years past and the costumes…The Phantom Of The Opera, Where’s Waldo, Peter Pan, Winafred Sanderson(Hocus Pocus), Cinderella, Carol Channings’ Hello Dolly, Maleficent and this past year, the Evil Queen.  Each year I design my costume, and the past few years, a dear friend of mine, named Lyle, aka La Riv, has brought my costumes to life.

He is extremely talented, and we never use a pattern, which he loves because it challenges him creatively to create my vision along with his for each costume!

His talent does not end there, by day he is a Graphic Designer, by night he is a sewing wizard!  La Riv specializes in Renaissance attire, Pirate garb, and more…he is a cross between Yule Brenner and Mr. Clean!

If you ever need a costume, etc… created for you, look him up on Facebook as La Riv!





No comments: