My Blog List

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Thawing Out...

We began talking, hanging out, going to happy hours, laughing at the stupidest things. 

It was really nice feeling like I was beginning to live again after languishing in that coma for so long.  It was because of him.  He pushed my boundaries, made me start to slowly thaw.  One would think it would be so easy to thaw a frozen heart? Right? It’s not.

The 2 most unlikely people in the world to meet and build a friendship.  A friendship that would go full steam ahead, blast on all cylinders, charge forth like a train wreck waiting to explode!

My walls were so very high since waking up, I slowly started remembering all the things I learned while in the coma. All the dark deceitful secrets that had been unleashed into my ears.  I was full of pain, loss, sorrow and icey venom coursing through my veins. 

No matter how much I pushed, and created distance between us, he would push that much harder to reach me, to reach my heart and hold it gently so that I could open up.

Hours turned into days, days turned into nights, many nights of endless talking, laughing, crying and just letting go, being me, being myself, flaws and all.

I only let the world see the polished, pretty, white Jackie-o, made up in high fashion Divine Man.  No one sees what’s underneath.  No one sees how high the walls really are, the fortress of ice that I have built.  No one saw it but him. Jesus, the taxi driver.


I would soon learn that it was not just I that was afraid to feel, to live, to care…


I had begun To Let It Go!


No comments: