My Blog List

Monday, January 1, 2018

Cold Darkness, Chapter 9


I lifted the lid once again and there it all was before my eyes.  Everything I needed to fill in the blanks.  The paper clippings were old, yellowed, and brittle, there was so many of them, all about missing boys, murders, kidnappings, and then finally one in particular caught my attention.  



The headline read "What Happened to Andy?"

Andy Jarrels- 8 years old, Has been missing for three weeks, authorities are still looking into the disappearance of young Andy, who was last seen at a Halloween party, which he attended with his parents, Tom and Tawny Jarrels.  What was suppose to be an afternoon of fun, costumes, candy and family entertainment turned into a real Halloween nightmare for the Jarrels.  

How does a young child just disappear without a trace, a clue, or any evidence?  No ransom has been asked for, nothing.  

What Happened to Andy?  


As I sorted through the other paper clippings, reading the stories, stories of young kids disappearing, murder and disgust, it all began to come together.  It was like a puzzle, and sick and diabolical puzzle.  

The dark figure is the person responsible for young Andy disappearing, which is not simply what happened, he did not just disappear.  No Andy was murdered by this sick S.O.B.  This monster killed him and blames me for all of this?  As I stood there, reading and re-reading each article, trying to remember that day, that Halloween when I(according to the dark figure) walked into the bathroom and found him and Andy together.  My head began pounding again, I was stressed, and exhausted.  

I dimmed the lantern and laid down, as I drifted off to sleep my memories engulfed my mind, my body and my very soul.  It was Halloween, 1992.


No comments: