My Blog List

Saturday, February 9, 2019

Cold Darkness, The Final Chapter....


I laid there trying to be still, hold my breath, I threw the candles onto the fabric.
As the flames began to grow, bigger and bigger, my heart pounded harder and faster as I watched that vile bastard descend into my pit of doom, into this prison he put me in.  I was hiding as he searched for me frantically with his eyes as he screamed out my name and other derogatory words at me.
His voice ripped through my mind, my ears and my body as if it were a sharp dagger. 

In that moment I stood up, stood tall, as if there was no fire growing around us, I stood there and looked at him.  He stopped his rantings and screaming and just starred at me with his eyes full of hatred, vengeance and pure evil.

I walked towards him with my hands holding a blanket around my body, concealing the one thing that would get me out of here, the antique lantern. 

As we stood there in silence now, which seemed like for hours, I finally began to speak…

I know the truth, I know what you have done, I know about all the little boys you have molested, have kidnapped and have killed.  I know you think you have won, that I will die here today, by your hands.  You want some more truth?  You were home free, you could have gotten away with all of these murders, until you pushed me to remember what you did. You see I did not remember any of it until you pushed me into this hell hole.  You are nothing more than a coward, a weak individual whom can’t satisfy anyone, no, you have to resort to taking someone against their will, you have to rape and molest to get off.  Tell me is it because you have no bragging rights? The gods were not kind to you?
 
He started to shake his head, and as he tried to speak, my voice now filled this fiery hole.  I was now shouting at him… See your handy work…here it is, all of it.  Are you proud you sick son of a bitch?  Guess what I do not care!  I am now gonna climb up that ladder to my life, to my freedom.  You are not going to touch me, or even move.  You see there is no more freedom for you, you are in your own hell, of your own making. 

I began to climb the ladder, and as I was close to the top, close to the upper level he grabbed my legs.  His grip on me was strong, I tried to kick him loose, I screamed for my life.  Somehow I managed to turn myself enough to look at him, look at him in the eyes, and as I did I exposed a shard of glass from the lantern.  It happened so fast, my body was full of adrenaline, As I raised my left hand with the glass in it, he reached again and again at me and as he did so, I saw my right leg free itself from his clutches.  In that second I kicked him in the face, his nose began to bleed as his hands seemed to loosen their grip my left hand swung across his chest and then it stopped.  The glass was in him, and I hastily turned around and began to climb up again.  As he made his way up to my feet, I felt his grasp on me, and as he grabbed me, I felt hands grabbing mine.  The hands were strong and as I was being pulled out of depths of hell, I kicked him.  He yelled out in pain, and as I quickly turned to him, he fell backwards into the flames. 

As I got up the ladder and ran with the person to the last remaining trap door above us, I looked at the person ahead of me.  It was a man. It was him.  It was JT.

We climbed up and out of the orchestra pit.  The flames were now spreading up the ladder from down below.  We ran towards the doors…as we flung them open, the daylight blinded me from the outside, the sun was so bright, and there was snow falling all around us.  As my sight adjusted to the brightness, I looked ahead of me at the man before me.  It was JT.  I knew he would find me.  He always did.

He walked to me, with his arms open and embraced me, pulling me close to him.  Looking down at me, with those eyes I have known my whole life.  I starred at him, standing there in his warmth, not even noticing how cold it was all around us.  We just stood there embracing each other.

He pulled back a little and said… You have always had my heart.  I love you deeply.  I would move heaven and earth to find you.  I would search through time for you.

As I looked at him, my eyes full of tears, smiling at him… I replied with…
I love you.

There was sirens blaring, lights flashing, men running towards us, cops, firefighters, and then I saw my Mother and Father.

As we ran towards each other, I knew I was safe now, safe forever. 


After a few days in the hospital, giving my statement to multiple cops, the sheriff, the FBI, I was ready to go home.  The fire marshal had informed us there was nothing in the pits, except for the burned antique lantern.  Somehow it has survived the fire.  There was no body to be found, it was concluded that he had burned to ashes.  As no one could have survived that fire. 

  





No comments: