My Blog List

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Halloween, All Saints Day, All Hallows Eve or Day....

Cultures all around the world celebrate this day with many different traditions, ideas, etc.  For example: The turnip was carved to honor the lost souls that were held captive in purgatory(in Ireland and Scottland)

We here in America, celebrate with wearing costumes, attending parties, movies, festivals, trick-or-treating, etc.

Moi as you know is a Major Halloween Fan.  I will start planning next years costume tomorrow.  Actually I have already been considering options for a month. 

But for Moi Halloween is not just about costumes and candy and parties.  It is about the power of this day.  Some believe it is the one day that Spirits can roam the Earth freely.  I have experienced many supernatural events on Oct.31 through the years. 

I embrace each All Hallows Eve, I get out my broom, my cauldron, candles, Ouija Board, wine...ok lots of wine!

Enjoy the day, the power, the magic!


Origin of name:

The word Halloween is first attested in the 16th century and represents a Scottish variant of the fuller All-Hallows-Even ("evening"), that is, the night before All Hallows Day.[11] Although the phrase All Hallows is found in Old English (ealra hālgena mæssedæg, mass-day of all saints), All-Hallows-Even is itself not attested until 1556.[



Halloween 2010...with Mimi, Cubes, Moi, and Brady

No comments: