My Blog List

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Dating And Being Single!


I have straight friends and I have Gay/Lesbian friends.  Most of my friends are married, dating someone, partnered and then there are a few that mingle single.

Recently one of my mingle single friends asked me if I thought the dating world was the same for straight people?  So I got thinking...

I have seen and held many of my straight pals hands while they date, mingle single, breakup, marry, date, breakup, marry, etc...

Also I have held many hands, purses, feather boas, and hair up while my Gay/Lesbian pals date, 
mingle single,breakup, marry, date, breakup, marry, etc...
So really dating is the same, regardless of your sexual preference.

My brother and his wife dated, brokeup, disliked each other, screwed around, had an STD, dated each other, brokeup and got pregnant.  Then they got married and now have 3 boys.  They have their share of ups and downs.

As for one of my Gay friends, he and his BF have been "together" for 20 years.  They live together, yet sleep in seperate beds, share finances, bills, etc... they have had their disagreements, ups and downs and are still together.  Which this tale needs to be shared at another time.

My point is, dating and being single is rather the same for everyone, the rules really are not all that different.  Every person and every couple experience pain, love, and everything in between.

Go forth, date, love, hurt, laugh and cry!

No comments: