My Blog List

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Is this Friendship Taboo?


Dear Divine Man,

I recently met a guy at a club.  I was with a gal pal, and he was with another guy. He and I engaged in a very friendly and entertaining conversation.  During the conversation I learned that he was casually “seeing” the guy he was there with.  They just started “seeing” each other about 2-3 weeks ago.  So I thought “he seems cool, god knows I would like another good friend in life.” We proceeded to exchange phone numbers.

The next morning I sent him a text: good morning, it was a pleasure to make your acquaintance.  He quickly replied:  I was just thinking about you, and was going to text you the same thing.  He has text-ed me daily, multiple times, and we have had more then one person comment:  You two should be dating, you are happy when near each other, or, you two make a very cute couple.

Needless to say, we have gone out, been chilling, laughing, talking about life, love and goals.  We established right away, while out for dinner the first night after meeting, that we both have been used, cheated on, and lied to.  Neither of us wants to feel that again.  See, in the gay world it seems that guys think that if they have sex, that…that makes them friends.  Where as I do not think or feel that way.  I guess I am old fashioned, and feel that guys can be friends without sealing the deal.

Here is my dilemma: I like him, I am really liking him, more then I should allow myself to.  He is “seeing” someone, and I value him as a person, and this new found friendship that is being created.  SO how do I handle this, and my growing feelings?  He has expressed to me that he is not all that happy with this guy, and that it’s more about business then love.  So do I make my feelings known or do I hide them and never voice them ever and just try and be his friend?

Help Me,

Taboo!






No comments: