My Blog List

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

A Year Lost....Moving Forward


It's been 26 days since I opened my eyes on New Years Eve.  My memory is a bit fuzzy, confused and trying to remember what was just dreams versus reality.  Having to relive the loss of my Diva Girl all over again, coming home to an empty house, adjusting to life alone.

The night I woke up, in all the confusion of the Dr's and Nurses running around me and the machines beeping etc... I saw him standing there smiling and watching tears drip down his face.  In all the commotion all I could see was him.  Just him.  It was as if time had stopped, the space around us was just us, and yet he was so far from me at the same time.  I knew that he was with me, finally ...again after so long....

I was released from the hospital a few days later, my parents brought me to my penthouse, stayed with me until I forced them to leave.  I needed time alone...funny really, I was alone for a whole year, trapped in my body.  I guess I now needed to begin my life anew.  Reclaim the life I had, accept what had happened, what had changed and to embrace a new chapter.

A favorite quote of mine is:  When one door closes, another one opens!







No comments: