My Blog List

Friday, March 25, 2011

Dating, And More Dating!

Do you feel like giving up on the whole dating scene?

Recently Moi has had a number of dates with all kinds of surprises, here is the story…

We met online, which I have to say seems to be the main stream for dating these days, or at least to get to know someone “safely” which in all reality…well, is it all that safe really? Sure you can be anyone, anywhere you want to be, you can be dishonest about your age, your stats, your life, etc etc etc. Example: years ago Moi met someone from a personals site that said they were 38, and were Mediterranean with rich dark hair, tan skin, and felt they were an impeccable dresser with a lot to offer. The reality was: this person was actually 51, Swedish, with shoe polish like hair color, wore a track suit from the 70’s, and used that self tanning crap in a bottle, and had been married 3 times and had 7 kids. Yeah he had a lot to offer, apparently he had already offered it to everyone else!

Let Moi look back into my Rolodex of dates…Oh, there was this time I started dating “Mrs. Robinson” when Moi was 20, young, open to love, lust and excitement! “Mrs. R” was 36, blonde, thin, outgoing personality, and wanted Moi, like a hungry mountain man attacking a rack of ribs dripping and oozing with sauce! Anywho, she(Jeri) had a really nice set of tata’s and was an amazing kisser. Moi thinks back and realizes it was the taboo of it all that had me so into her. Until Moi discovered the truth, for “Mrs. R” was more like the Merry Widow then just your average cougar. Needless to say Moi ran for the hills!

Then there was this one who Moi had known as a child, she was a few years older then I, and never ever got along. Eventually we started talking and dating, and eventually that turned into an emotional rollercoaster headed straight for hell, with a one way ticket.

Then I met “D. Long” who was an entertainer and Moi had hired to perform at a festival I was the director of. “D. Long” was charismatic, unknown territory, attractive, and mysterious. All the makings of a great love affair. “D. Long” was a great kisser, and funny! However “D. was not so Long” shall we say and turns out was merely a carnie but with teeth and had showered! Oh well, Moi was only 19 then and naïve.
Moi really has had some wild and crazy dates, like The One Nutter, and the Explosive Date!

Since being in paradise in retirement Ville, you can imagine at all the mature dates I have had. They fight over me here! Throw Moi around like a bounce ball while soaking their dentures in Polident! Or the ladies, in between their blue dye hair color sessions!

Oh one of my favorites is: The Hollywood Star” which I will have to save for another day!

Recently, I went to a movie with someone who was seeking a “movie buddy” and I thought…good finally someone that will not fall head over heals for Moi at first sight. So while sitting in the theater waiting for the movie(Red Riding Hood) to start(which is 2 thumbs up) I noticed my phone was vibrating in my Prada bag, and so I got it out to see who had sent me a text. My “movie buddy” next to me sent this text “Divine Man is OMG….so cute!” “Ebert” had sent it to Moi on accident, it was meant for his BF in Minnesota…So much for that theory!  It is not easy being so divine, perfect and irresistable!

Don’t give up, even when the dating pool looks a bit cluttered with trash, it is then you can find a diamond in the ruff! Just be open to it, who knows? Life might just surprise you?

No comments: