My Blog List

Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Summer Hiatus: A Tale Of Two Cities

While I have been in the Great Midwest, Somewhere in Small Town America, I have learned new things, lessons, re-visited old places and looked back and now forward.

What I have learned while on my summer hiatus:

People, wise people say home is where the heart is. But is it? Mine is in 2 places. Home is where you come from, where you were born and with those you call family. A House is just a house until love enters, then pain, laughter, tears, memories, and nightmares. All these things create a home. Mine is a tale of two cities: Small Town America and Paradise!

When I left Paradise in April I was eager to see my family, friends and continue the saga of Divine Man. I came back to “home1” to see Doctor FeelGood, de-clutter my life, and take on a new role.

While here I realized that it is perfectly ok finding a safe happy feeling, even if it is not at “home,” that when you go someplace new, you take parts of “home” with you. You take with you life. Life experiences, hurts, joys, lessons, stories, wisdom and memories.

Moi also knows that there is no other place for the VERY BEST Pizza then Joe’s Fox Hut in Fond du Lac, WI. Whether you are in NYC, Cali, or Alaska you need to make the flight or drive to FDL and experience Joe’s Fox Hut Pizza.

One can only experience the magic of a summer’s hot evening as the sun sets, while watching in merriment as the fire flies dance all around. Sometimes, there really is no place like home.
Or, where can you attend car shows, corn roasts, and go apple picking like at The Little Farmer.


Sometimes in life we have to leave in order to appreciate what is in our own backyards.

No comments: