My Blog List

Monday, February 27, 2012

Hoops Of Fire, Part 2

We all have felt the impact of the fall of the American economy regardless where you are and who you are, unless perhaps you are Mitt Romney. Which is another story all together.

No I am talking about the middle class that seems to be disappearing at a steady clip right before our eyes. Maybe it is the economy, maybe it is just the way the world is now? Maybe it is because of politics and thee ole’ saying the rich get richer and the poor get poorer? There is nothing in there about the middle class? Maybe it never existed?

Moi has a tale to tell(what else is new?) about what the job market is REALLY like these days.

Picture It! A lovely fall day in November, the sun is shining high above Moi, and I find myself surfing the net for jobs(what a shock) and come across a job: Event/Party Coordinator, so I reply to the ad with my resume and the next day I get a reply. This all started on Nov. 9th 2011. I went in for the interview on Nov. 10th when I walked into Jazzy Jewels Parties, I was the only one there. The owner’s mother let me into wait for her daughter. When she finally arrived twenty minutes late(with her fast food) she was so casual about the whole thing. In fact, she was more worried about which sandwich was hers, her mother’s and her boyfriends, then she was with interviewing Moi. I started to see red flags, but thought I would give this a chance. Well needless to say she is unprofessional, talks to her staff like they are dirt beneath her wannabe diva heels. She can’t lift a finger, and has no clue about what it means to be organized, professional and honest. She (not to mention names-Alicia) asked me to come to an event with her so she could see Moi in action.

The day of the event comes and I am early, ready for the day and dressed to kill. She drags her feet because she has nothing organized, does not even have the proper tools and supplies for the day. Who does this? Any who…She arrives for the event 45 minutes late. She was suppose to be at least an hour early to do the hair and makeup for the guest of honor. Which means that she has now delayed the whole event, and the client has paid for this ballroom for 3 hours, including a buffet, a DJ, a candy buffet, pictures, and a cake table.

Our negotiations dragged out for a month and a half. I knew she was just a game playing unprofessional who has no remorse for others. Moi does not like to be played with, have my life hanging in the breeze waiting for her to finalize the details. She offered me a full time position at my terms. But then after a month of dragging this out she recanted her offer.

Tell me, how are people suppose to get work when there are people like this screwing with lives?

This is a serious offense, and needs to be addressed. This treatment needs to stop.

I feel compelled to share my experiences with you because if you or if know someone that is/has experienced the games that “professionals” play let Moi know and I will reply or expose the truth!


 
Who wouldn’t want someone like Moi on their team? Crazy I know. I mean all this passion waiting to explode into something...

No comments: