My Blog List

Thursday, December 31, 2015

The Awakening...A Love Beyond Time, The Coma


What I think was late last night(Tulips and Big Daddy were back at my side...praying that I would wake up, and mentioned it was late...about 10:30pm and said they would be back tomorrow) he came back again last night.

I did not know that I could smell while in a coma?  Or perhaps it was magical?  But the minute he walked in the intoxicating and heavenly scent of gardenias filled my nostrils.  How does he know these are my favorites?  I must know him... He just seems so familiar to me.  I wonder who he is, what he looks like and if I don't know him, then why is he here? and how did he find me?

Who am I to question why this man, whom apparently feels compassion for me?
Perhaps this is my fate?
Perhaps this is what was meant to happen?
Perhaps I will never wake up from this dam coma?
Perhaps this will be the day my life begins again?

I am not sure how long he stayed with me, but he began telling me a story about another time, another era.  It was a tale as old as time, it crossed many decades, generations, and a love so strong that not even an explosion, a sinking ship, could separate the love of the two people he spoke of.

As he talked, thought about all the loss and sadness that I have felt this year while my body laid lifeless.  My heart is still broken from the loss of Diva Girl, but somewhere in all of this something, no...someone has begun to fill the broken pieces of my heart with with a newness, a new strength. What the twin a-holes have done to me is scandalous and deceitful and all the other secrets I have learned from various people...whatever shall I do with all this info if and when I wake up?

He continued to tell this tale, of how they met, and eventually boarded a cruise ship that was suppose to be life changing for them.  It was there that the two lovers were engaged.  But fate would thrown a rock in their path.

It was then that I realized who he is...was....could it really be?  how is this even possible?

He then slipped the ring onto my finger.

Somehow I found a renewed burst of life travel through my entire body...

I wrapped my fingers around his hand...it was just for maybe an instant...maybe it was longer.  But I did it.

Perhaps "A Love Beyond Time" was possible after all?















No comments: