My Blog List

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Charming Spirit...


Have you ever felt passion and a sense of freedom in a talent that you possess? Well I have, but of course! So after leaving the BIG city for small charming town life I find myself once again doing something I enjoy, in fact I actually love it. Brace yourself this could be shocking…I really do get all passionate about renovation of historic properties. So after taking a three year hiatus from the renovations I am, along with my best friend embark on our biggest project, a 3,000+ sq.ft. 1900 Queen Anne.


So after a year and 3 months the project is completed! But during that year the events that led up to the moment of completion will have had a profound affect on myself. I know you are eager to find out what…

“Picture It” Spring 2009 Small Charming Town somewhere in the Midwest!

I remember the day like it was yesterday. I was online searching out real estate. My idea was to look at historic commercial buildings in hopes of creating a base of operation for a small business. I have always enjoyed being self employed and wanted to open a floral artistry studio. Complete with event planning services, location set-up, and all the trimmings. After looking at a few buildings it was suggested to me by my friend Roger, that I look at houses and work from home. Fabulous Idea! So I go back to the drawing board and now I focus on historic houses. The first one I come across is a white Queen Anne that looks in need of TLC. And something is beckoning me to come to it, a force of another kind if you will. The thing about moi is I have a sensitive to the spirits that are earthbound. Always have been. So I setup a tour of the property, I am there dressed to the hilt(big white sun glasses, camera in tow, and wearing black) As I walk up the driveway I immediately feel a darkness over the driveway and walkway to the side porch. It is intense, darkness, a stillness almost of death. Once inside all feelings are wiped away.

It is now the first week I am living in my Queen Anne and my Pooch and I decide to watch the movie “An American Haunting.” Like what the hell is wrong with me? Anyways, 2 of my best gal pals stop over earlier that day with house-warming gifts. My 2 gal pals and I make the 3 Stooges meets the Desperate Housewives…funny thing only 1 of us is a housewife, but all are desperate and nuts none the less. Dawneen presents to me a lovely plaque with a “God Bless This Home” saying on it. And Wanda gives me a tea candle hurricane glass thingy.

So the pooch and I get ready for our “spooky flick” and I lite the tea candle hurricane thingy behind moi and turns the lights down. The movie starts and I am thinking “what the hell am I watching? I am sitting here in the dark in a house that might be haunted with my pooch and a stiff one” (a stiff drink that is perverts) but we continue the flick…











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes...a beautiful and yet mysterious home. What was it that you felt as you neared the house the first time. Tell us more and as you began watching the flick..
Sounds enchanting but yet? Let the words flow..tell us, yes tell us!