My Blog List

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Charming Spirit II

The movie begins, and as my pooch and I begin to engage into the flick, outside the shadows come alive and the wind starts to bellow it’s tired yet intense cries. Cries of darkness, hollow echoes that can raise the hair on my arms, neck, legs and even my buttocks.




As I am sitting there wrapped in my glistening red robe edged with black and red feathers, my white Jackie o’s atop my luscious locks of chocolate mocha brown splendor, my eyes are widening and my heart is pounding faster, and faster as my perky lips part in utter terror at what is displayed in front of my baby blues….

What the hell? I am hearing sparks, popping noise…so I turn and look only to find that the tea light candle thingy behind me is shooting off sparks and the flames are rather LARGE. So I jump from the couch and wonder…”what would Macgyver do?” so I turn to go into the kitchen to get something to put these flames out. Water…YES…water, if Dorothy could melt a witch with it, I should be able to put out some flames with it as well! So I get a pail of water and emerge back into the room of flames and terror….the tv room. The flames are bigger now, the pooch is barking, there is smoke and the girl is dying on the boob tube, in that moment I throw the water and as it splashes onto the tea light candle thingy the flames shoot up to the ceiling(10 ft. high) and sparks fly wildly and the entire glass hurricane surrounding this inferno shatters and explodes. In this moment I throw my perfect body to the floor and scream!

The smoke has cleared, the flames are gone, there is glass and wax all over the floor and the girl is still toes up in the movie, but at this point she is now an angry ghost.

I clean the debris up and pour myself an even stiffer libation. Upon retiring for the evening, I grab some garlic cloves, a smudge stick, and a big knife. As I ascend up the grand staircase, my robe trickling behind my, and the pooch hot on my heels towards my chambers. We very quietly tiptoe through each room upstairs turning on each light, scanning the rooms for shadows that don’t belong.

Finally all is calm, and I can finally fall into bed and rest in a slumber of tranquility and peace.


Sometimes we can’t always see what is right in front of us, sometimes…we have to rely on our senses, our “gut” instinct.





And remember…Go out and find your own Divine Self! And Shine!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW..how intense, like some strange power was present. Any idea what or who? But yet all returned to normal we hope! More to come though...

Not So Anonymous Michelle said...

Wow, sounds like you might have a little spirit around huh? Can't wait to hear more!