My Blog List

Thursday, September 23, 2010

An Anchor Full Of Juice

Every Fall I venture out along the bi-ways, hi-ways, bi-guys and back country roads seeking out fall color foliage and frolicking.

So, that is exactly what I am doing this week. I had gotten a tip that I might find the Fountain Of Youth in yet again Wisconsin(man those WI Folk must need a lot of help with aging) of all places. I started out my Fall Color Exploratory Drive early Tuesday morning. I had packed all the important items: A hot comb, my handmade cheese cloth g-strings(it lets you breathe) walking stick, wine glasses, a carafe or Divine Wine(Dad’s Homemade wine) jeans, sequined flannel shirts, and of course my white Jackie-o’s and red boa.

I decided to drive the newest toy, my candy apple red Cadillac called “Flame.” I drove what seemed like forever with absolutely…speaking of Absolute, at this point in the trip I was starting to feel for a Martini! But I continued on my journey when I came to a fork in the road. No really there was a fork and a knife both of which were stuck in(what was left of) the carcass of a Badger. Apparently, some wild backwoods men must have gotten their fill of ole’ badger?
Now as you can imagine I thought “Moi has never had a Badger Fur?” I am thinking a Muff for the Fall.

I make my way along and finally decide to stop for the day, and give my perfectly shaped booty a rest. As you can imagine after being in a car for 5 hours with no assercises it is so flat, one could serve tea and crumpets on it!

I pull in to a local hotel in Superior, WI. The weather is perfect, and there is a lounge inside calling for me to come and order a Cosmopolitan. So I do.
I eventually make my way to my room with the help of the Concierge. Which now that I am thinking about it, I think he was a missionary from the local Salvation Army? After 3 Cosmos my perception is a bit fuzzy! I mean both men in each role would be wearing a special suit, right? Anyways, he was really wonderful to carry my red luggage and moi into the room and fluff my…

The next day I started my exploration of the city and was craving a big… juicy… moist…and greasy burger and fries accompanied by a libation. I thought I better butch it up in these there parts! Or the locals might get the wrong idea(remember Deliverance). So I saunter into an establishment called The Anchor Bar on Tower Ave in Superior, WI. I was stopped in my tracks by what I was taking all in around me. Immediately to my right is a corner nook, with a table and chairs that is two steps up surrounded by books, board games, and nautical memorabilia from floor to ceiling and on the ceiling. There is a bar to my left and the bar wench is rather happy looking, and plump! As I gaze out into the establishment and walk around looking at all the nautical ware I am just so amazed at each detailed piece of history. The place is packed with people and everyone seems to be enjoying their food and conversations.

I sit down in the nook in the front that is referred to as “The Library.” The bar wench greets me and asks” what’ll it be bud?” I reply with “bud did you say?” why yes I think I did bud, she says. So I ordered a Sapphire Bombay and tonic with a twist of lemon. Not exactly the proper choice I guess when having a burger, so I decide to have a brew instead. I order a pale ale.

The Anchor Bar

As my basket of food came to my table I was immersed with such a tantalizing aroma that flooded “The Library” almost in a slow sexy tango kind of way. I reached down for my juicy hamburger and as I picked it up I could see all the juices and drippings trickle down to my basket(not my basket, but the bar’s basket-perverts) and I knew this was going to be climatic! It is piled high and thick with mushrooms, swiss cheese, and raw onions! I squirted on the “fancy ketchup.” I always ask “what makes ketchup so dam fancy?” I mean it is not like there is any bling on the dam bottle? As my perky perfect lips grows closer to the delectable burger I pause and quickly look around to see if anyone is watching me. I dive right into the burger. OMG what a freakin fantastic explosion of flavor, grease and total ecstasy all coming from a bun no less! Why do all the good things in life come with a bun? And what a soft bun it was!

I highly recommend you making it a point of destination if you are ever in Superior, WI. 413 Tower Ave. 715.394.9747

And if I have not told you lately, take the time to discover your own Divine Self.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh...that Anchor of a Bar, but best of all it sounds like totally delicious burgers and fries with a great beer. The atmosphere and "ambience" if we can call it that must call you back for more. And so every time you visit Superior...the Anchor must be on your aggenda??