My Blog List

Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Deli of Divinity

In the early Spring I was so very fortunate to discover a lovely café in the middle of “Somewhere in Small Town America” while on a mission trip to find the Fountain Of Youth. Not that moi needs help in that department obviously considering my skin is youthful, flawless in fact, glistening and silky smooth(except for the morning after a roll in the hay! HA!) anyways, I was on this mission trip to find the Fountain Of Youth for a dear friend of mine, Brady is his name…he is a tad older then moi, he has a few more ears of corn in his field, has about 5 gray crayolas in his box vs. My 1 gray(or is it platinum) crayola in mine, he has a few lines and some extra bags around his eyes, in fact he has a full baggage set! So now that you got the picture you can understand the urgency for this mission of mine.


So while on the F.O.Y. trip I find myself in Wautoma, Wisconsin, I know you are asking where the hell is that? I know I thought, where am I going to find me someone to park my car, address me as Divine Man, and seat me properly in the middle of no where at a fine dining establishment here? Well I stumbled upon this café called: The Farmer’s Market Deli. It is a cottage country chic inspired deli/café, perfect for breakfast and lunch. Whether you are in the area visiting family, staying at a local cottage/cabin, or on a mission like moi, The Farmer’s Market Deli is perfect. I have been there a number of times since spring(never found the F.O.Y.) and each time I go there for lunch I am always more then surprised by the new sandwich special, the wonderful funny service, and the way the owner(I have named her the Lady Jane Of the Farm Market) welcomes you in with open arms, and always remembers you. As if anyone would or could forget moi?

I was recently there for lunch, and Lady Jane was, like always more then generous to moi and my “mature” pal Brady. The menu is HUGE. Almost overwhelming your first time there! But in a wonderful way! There is salads, sandwiches: hot, grilled or cold. Each day there is house made soups, at least 3 or 4 daily and a deli you can order freshly made salads, dressings(the strawberry vinaigrette is the best) and the most wonderful guacamole that is refreshing, zesty and pleases the palette every time! One time moi and a GF bought 8 pounds of it!

Each chance I get, I am there for lunch and a bit of heaven! The atmosphere is warm, cozy with a fresh attitude that is sure to please anyone! Especially “Lady Jane” who I always look forward to engaging in conversation with!


You can find this wonderful deli at: 502 West Main St. In Wautoma Wisconsin or call and order a lovely lunch to go: 920.787.2464

When as Divine and I am, you only want to experience total divinity on the plate in front of you...at The Farmer’s Market in Wautoma, WI.

So make a trip for the day or weekend, and if you need lodging, write to me and let me know, I can hook you up!

Remember, go out and find your own Divine Self!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What more can be said..I am off to this delectable delight..calling right now for their gourmet wonders to see whats available, obviously and totally "eatable"