My Blog List

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Susan Boyle: I Dreamed A Dream - Britain's Got Talent 2009 - The Final





We Have Dreamed A Dream.  Last week I purchased the Susan Boyle Album: I Dreamed A Dream.  Susan's voice is something out of the heavens, a surprise, an enduring gift of total and complete abandon of fear and saying:  "I can do this, I can make my dream become a reality."   Like her, I have had my struggles(I know you are asking...Divine Man has struggles?  hell yes)  and I have had my hopes and most private dreams shattered.  Each and every song on her album are words I have lived, felt and have experienced. 

I ask you:  Have you ever dreamed a dream?  please share your stories with me. 

I dreamed a dream in time gone by
When hope was high
And life worth living
I dreamed that love would never die
I prayed that God would be forgiving
Then I was young and unafraid
And dreams were made and used and wasted
There was no ransom to be paid
No song unsung, no wine untasted

But the tigers come at night
With their voices soft as thunder
As they tear your hopes apart
And they turn your dream to shame

Still I dream he'll come to me
That we will live the years together
But there are dreams that cannot be
And there are storms we cannot weather

I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I'm Living
So different now from what it seemed
Now life has killed the dream I dreamed


I have listened to and re-read these words many, many times as of late.  Divine Man knows what joy, pain and sorrow is.  I am a survivor.   When I was a young divine thing, I survived many a thing:  child sexual assault, memory loss, a damaging fire, paralysis, and as I got older my heart was sheltered by a wall(it remains enclosed within a wall until such a day when I am rescued) and I have experienced joy, great joy...but it is only for a moment at a time.  I think I have eternity, since I am living in my never ending 20's! 

If you have a dream...go after it, fight for it, give it all you have and never ever settle.  Or live with regret.
Your choice. 

This is Divine Man signing off and remember "Find Your Own Divine Self"

1 comment:

Not So Anonymous Michelle said...

Keep going after things and fighting, you're worth it!