My Blog List

Saturday, December 2, 2017

Cold Darkness, Chapter 2


Eventually I began to stir, and as I did, the pain set in fast, and I started to slowly try and sit up, wincing as I tried to get up onto my knees, as I did, I tried to adjust my eye sight to the darkness, the cold darkness that was all around me.  My head was pounding, as I began to feel my face and eerily and cautiously I moved my hand up toward the left side of my face and to my temple.  I felt something sticky and wet like.  It had to be blood, if only I could see myself in some light, and find a mirror to see how badly I was hurt. 

I sat back down on the cold flooring beneath me, and just starred upward into the darkness above me.  Where I was exactly was a mystery to me, as I never realized there was another lower level under the orchestra pit. 

Why, and how was it even possible that I heard my own childhood voice calling for help?  Or was it all a delusion of my own making?  How long have I been unconscious?  Is it still the same day? Dec 23rd? How will I get out of here?  I just need to stop, and breathe slowly, focus my thoughts through the pounding pain in my head.

As I sat there holding my head, feeling cold, I began to recall overhearing some of the crew members say that the theatre would be closed until after the new year.  Who is going to find me? How can anyone even?  No one knows I am in here...

I began to drift off....

There I was, back on the stage, the audience is clapping as they rose to their feet, the thunderous applause was overwhelming, as I stood there, smiling in all this intoxicating limelight, I tried to darken the spot lights as I began to move towards the edge of the stage.  I strained to see through the bright lights to see who the figure was standing at the back of the rows of people, the figures face was hidden by the shadows that engulfed it's face. 

Something woke me up, some kind of noise.

No comments: