My Blog List

Sunday, December 3, 2017

Cold Darkness, Chapter 3

As I came too, and listened to the loud noise, which seemed to be coming from overhead in the darkness, I looked up and saw a glimmer of light, just for what seemed like a split second, and then it seemed to bigger and brighter and then it was gone as fast it had appeared.  Was someone up there above me? was someone else in the theatre?  Maybe it was help?  I began yelling and screaming for help, repeatedly to no avail, no one was there.  It all the commotion and the blinding light I felt something on the floor by my right foot.  I bent down to feel around for the object, it was a duffel bag.  I immediately began to scramble to unzip it in the darkness and then stopped!  What if it is something bad inside it?  what if it will hurt me?

I decided to let the bag sit there unzipped as I began to grow frightened and a bit paranoid as to what was inside it.

For what seemed like hours and hours, which could have really only been mere minutes had passed.  My fear and paranoia began to shift into a deep sense of curiosity.  Perhaps whoever or whatever dropped this down here to me was actually trying to help me?  Which really made no sense? Because if they were trying to help, then why not just get me the bloody hell out of here?
I fumbled with my hands in the darkness to unzip the bag, slowly now and carefully.  I took a deep breath and reached into the duffel bag.  I first felt something long and thin, yet with a rigid softness to it, as I made my way to the top of the object, I realized it was a taper candle, which could only mean that there was matches of something to light it with.  I began to move the other objects around.  There was a large bottle of liquid, water I assumed, some bread, as I untied the twister on the bag the smell of it was intoxicating to my senses as I was starting to have hunger pains.  I found a small box of matches amongst the other mystery items.

There was only 5 matches in the box.  Really?  WTF?

I lit the candle and as my eyes began to adjust I started to look around...



No comments: