My Blog List

Sunday, December 17, 2017

Cold Darkness, Chapter 7


Not knowing how long I had been asleep for, what time it was, or even what day?  was it daytime or dark outside of this prison?

I decided to light another candle, but only long enough to see if I could get that antique lantern to work.  I picked it up again, remembering that show, how life then was different, and how JT and I... never-mind, it's not important now.  My mind went back to the lantern, there was still oil in it, and a fabric wick.  I took the glass dome off it, and after a few tries, I got it to light, What a glorious light is was, and warm.  I blew out the candle as to save it for later if need be.  I then decided to look around the pit, maybe I could find something to help me get put of here? 

After digging through many boxes, I found a long fur coat, oh how nice it felt, warm, and soothing to me.  I kept looking around through boxes, I shoved some to the side to  make room for a big old steamer trunk that was hidden under scrap wood, plastic sheeting, etc.  I found a hammer that had been used as a prop in a show once, I was able to use it to get the trunk open.  It was very old, the levers on it were rusty now, and stiff to move.  But I got it open.  I slowly started to life the lid, thinking all the while... "what will I find in here?" this is kinda creepy, considering I am in this cold dark pit, against my will...

I continued to lift the heavy lid, as it creaked in an eerily ghastly sound, as if it were the hand of a skeleton dragging its sharp claw across a wood floor. 

Just as I had the lid almost halfway open, I heard something from above.  A noise, a noise I knew all too well, it was footsteps.

The footsteps grew louder and heavier as they seemed to be circling the floor above me, I stood there frozen as my heart raced and pounded hard, do I start yelling for help or do I keep quiet?  What if it was someone that could help me?  Or maybe it was the sick and twisted individual that was responsible for me being down here? 

The foot steps stopped abruptly.  All was still.  They seemed to stop directly above me. 

As the bright light blinded my eyes, it was intense, and then the voice began, it was laughing at me.  Loud thunderous laughing.  It was clear to me whoever this sick bastard was, they were using a voice changing device. 

I looked up, the light hurting my eyes, and my head began to throb, as my heart raced, I yelled out "show yourself, coward."

The disguised mechanical voice yelled back... "How unfortunate, your still alive."



No comments: