My Blog List

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Customer Service Down the Crapper?

What has happened to customer service? what toilet has it been flushed down?

Moi got up this morning feeling refreshed, invigorated and cheerful after Sunday night’s BIG football game, The Super Bowl. Where my own favorite NFL team won and has brought the title back to title town! I just love watching them all running around chasing the ball and wrestling into a pile.

Anyways, Moi was in a great mood and looking forward to the day. I decided to paint a wall green, not just any ole’ green, but Spanish Olive green. I headed out to various paint departments in many different stores. I went to Lowe’s, Home Depot, Sears, Sherwin Williams and Wal-Mart. It was while at Wal-mart that I found the perfect color. So I got a gallon of “Glidden Brilliance” tinted to the perfect shade. I left the store feeling wonderful and excited at the idea of using this color.

Moi was all set and ready to paint, as I painted the wall and stood there and looked at it…tilting my head one way and then the other, next standing on my head, then laying flat on my back looking up at the this great wall of green apple with a twist of lime in it. What the hell is this? This is so not what I wanted.

So I go back to Wal-mart with my receipt, the paint and my color strip. I walk up to the counter and politely ask the clerk if he could make the paint darker or re-do it? He just looks at me and says “it is what it is-that’s as good as it gets.” Excuse me? I ask, you have not even looked at the paint color or anything? He said nothing more to Moi and turned his head the other way.

Feeling dismissed, and treated very rudely I marched up to the front of the store to the “customer service counter” and proceeded to blow the lid of the can! I lost it. I had to explain what happened 5 times. Why five times? Did they really think my story would change? Well it did not.

Moi was asked to describe what the clerk looked like. Feeling pissed off, as if no one believed me I gave them the description, and they knew exactly who Moi was talking about. Needless to say I got a new can of paint, and they could not kiss my ass more then they were.

I guess I should have known better then to go to Wal-Mart, but regardless of where I would have gone, regardless Moi should have been treated properly, with respect and flawless customer service.

Wherever, whenever you go to a store or place of business, you should always expect the best treatment, and if not sometimes it pays to “blow the lid off the can!”
 

No comments: