My Blog List

Monday, February 7, 2011

A Love Beyond Time IX

We were awoken by thunder and then by lightning. We were afraid to move for there was water on the make shift raft/wood and we had come so far and we were not going to die now at the hands of the gods.
The waters began to move underneath us and the lights, the lanterns were a bit closer now.

The wind came out of nowhere, and Astor covered me from the wind and the waves. In a fast paced second, we struck a rock, shattering the make shift raft into splinters and throwing us both off into the air screaming for one another. The last thing I remember was screaming, yelling as water filled my lungs, for Astor.
Am I alive? Am I dreaming, in heaven? Where is Astor? Is he with me?

I began to open my eyes, my body ached, throbbed and I could feel blood yet again. I looked around franticly to find Astor, and make sure he was alive and uninjured. As I slowly stood up, I began to feel nausea and felt it build fast as it rose to my throat. I thought to myself “what is wrong now?” “I need to find my love, my Astor.”

 My eyes darted franticly looking for him, and that’s when I realized I was not alone. I guess my mind was just not listening to anything other then my own thoughts. There were men and women all around me, with blankets, water, food and what I think were first aid kits in their hands.

They came running towards me to help, but in my fragile state I panicked and reacted like a any person would after facing an explosion, drifting at sea, being separated from the love of your life and now to awaken to find you are alone, and bleeding, and these people are coming towards you fast. I start slapping, pushing as they grab at me. As I begin to realize these strangers are maybe just trying to help me I lower my hands and my voice. In a glance I see Astor off to the my left. And as fast as he appeared he was gone.

Was it just my illusion? Or was it really him? Oh God, is he alive? Why is he not here? Why is he not here? In front of me? What would keep him from me?

No comments: