My Blog List

Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Love Beyond Time VII

As we stood there embracing each other tightly never wanting to let go of our love, or of each other we watched the sunset and the beautiful colors that were displayed before our eyes, hues of pink, purple, fuchsia, and lavender. I turned to look Astor in his beautiful blue green eyes, that were ever so inviting and were only for me.

He then got down on bended knee and reached into his inner coat pocket to retrieve a small velvet hinged box. He had it placed in the middle of his white gloved hand, sitting there so strategically, yet delicate and then he began to speak.

My Darling, you are my unexpected gift, you have become my life, my sunshine at the beginning, the middle, and at the end of each day. Without you, I have no reason to continue on. You complete me, you have encompassed my heart and all its chambers with your love, your beauty, your spirit. I have only one want, one desire…to protect, love, cherish, and unite our lives and hearts as one. For all eternity. Will you do me the honor of becoming mine?
My eyes were watering and my heart was beating fast, my hands were shaking as he reached for my left hand. I tried to speak, but my words were jumbled with emotion and somehow I replied with an answer for him. For my love, the greatest love of all…yes, yes, I will marry you Astor, I want nothing other then to be yours and love you with all that I am. The diamond was so beautiful, sparkling brightly, clear and the light blue gems were a crown around the diamond completed the magnificent ring. He told me to look inside the band at the engraving, which read: A Love Beyond Time. Astor slowly slid the ring onto my finger with his own shaking hands and grabbed me in his arms and we kissed. We kissed passionately with intensity, and a burning like rapid fire that swept through our bodies and engulfed or minds. We were solid, and unified. We were in Love.

It happened so fast, the noise, the blast and the wooden deck below our feet trembled as if the ocean were a table vibrating a pencil on top of it. There was the sound of crackling wood burning, the flames were out of control. People were now running towards the life boats, screaming, panic had set in on their faces, and then we heard the big blast. It ripped through the air shattering our ears as the ship split apart all around us. The smoke began to fill the air mixed with the flames of destruction and our lungs began to burn. We ran to the railing as the wooden deck fell from under our feet and we were thrown out into the dark cold waters. As I struggled to reach the surface and breath in air, my eyes darted around furiously searching the wreckage for my love, for Astor.

The water was chilly and fast all around me, and as I swam in a panic looking for him I felt the heat on my face, it was a burning sensation like metal being dipped into a hearth. My face was burned.

There was no Astor, no where to be found. All I had left of him was our love, the ring, and the memories, or so I thought.

No comments: