My Blog List

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Burlesque Like Star Shining Somewhere In The Midwest!

How does a star get discovered?

Have you ever wondered how stars really get discovered? Who decides which one(s) to select from the rest? I mean there are so many out there that want to be the next big star. Some twinkle, some fade in and out, while others grow weak. But every once in a while there is one that will surpass all others. The one that will shine regardless of the storms, of the chaos, and all the dark clouds. It is that one that you will look up to, that will inspire, instill hope, the one that you will await to see each day, each night, each week.

Today Moi watched a wonderful movie that for some unknown reason I have not seen until now. It is the story of a young, eager individual that is divine and does not even realize it. Which is what makes this character so amazing. Ali is from The Great Midwest, and takes off for bigger and better horizons. To go find herself, to go and do what she has always dreamed of. Life, Love and Security. Ali wants to let her passions shine. And she does. However, like any real star the path to stardom is not easy. But thanks to her fairy like godmother, is the clubs’ owner Tess. Does any of this sound oddly familiar? I will give you a hint…the Midwest, passions, star, wanting love and security?

Anyways, this movie brought a bout of inspiration in Moi! It inspired Moi so, that I have decided to embrace, really embrace who I am. You see that star up there, it has always been there, but no has yet to discover it. And now I know you are asking yourself “why has no one discovered this star that has always been there all the time?” good freaking question. I know, I know, it is a shame. So this has Moi thinking…I think it is time that Moi is discovered. It is time to let Moi shine like the star I am.

You see I truly feel that it is those that twinkle, fade in and out and especially those that begin to lose their sparkle are really the ones that will shine. The one that does not just think it, but can feel it, and own it. The one that is visionary. The one that does not let those dark clouds roll in for very long. Just like Ali in BURLESQUE this little Midwestern star is ready to shine!

Never give up, never let go of your goals, your dreams, and never let your star fade and burnout.

No comments: