My Blog List

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Oprah, Moi and our Stedmans!

What is your platform? What is your calling? What lights you up?
 
As Moi snuggled into my red, soft, and plush velvet reclining chair today with a carton of bon bons, southern fried chicken wings, a crystal chalice filled with lemon water, a side of shrimp cocktail and the best china one can eat on that you can buy at the Dollar Tree. As Moi tuned into the very last episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show today I was inspired by a few quotes, stories she shared, and wisdom she has gained.

“Do you see me, do you hear me, because I have something to share, to say.”

“We all want one common thing, we want validation”

Oprah and Moi are alike in many ways, such as: She has her gal pal Gayle, Moi has his guy bud Brady and all my gal pals. She has her Stedman whom she has never married, Moi has his “Stedman whom I have never married.

Our weight goes up and down, back and forth, sideways, front to back! We both look great in pink, have had gerie curls, fake furs, and really big shoulder pads. But we also have one real important factor, we both listen, we wait, we listen to the guidance that is greater then the mind. Our life is always speaking to us, so pay attention to the whispers. Before the screaming starts and it overcomes you.

Moi has a platform, it might not be as big as Oprah’s stage, but I do have one. She spoke of what makes a person shine, light up from the inside out? That got me thinking, ummmm…what makes me light up? Well, my personality is what makes me light up, my crazy, kinky, creative, flamboyant, painful, desperate, and inspired soul is what makes me light up. What I have to offer to anyone who needs a friend, a confidant, a shoulder to lean on, a hand to hold, a safe harbor, a place of unconditional love and support, that is what makes Moi who I am. It is that and more moments, elements and traits that I possess which makes me who I am, I am who I am because of you.

The only real difference between Oprah and Moi is that I am white and my booty is smaller! Oh and my bank account is not as big as hers.
But my heart is!

No comments: