My Blog List

Thursday, December 15, 2011

On A Ghostly Plane: Beyond Time

The instant I stepped onto the plane I felt shivers run wild all over my body.  There was a coldness in the air that seemed to engulf me as I made my way to my seat.  It was 7:00pm and the plane was going to leave shortly.  As I reached into my pocket to grab my seat ticket to make sure I sat in the right one, for some odd reason I could not find it.  It had been there just prior to stepping on board.  So where was it now?  As I stood there searching my pockets there was a tap on my shoulder.  I turned around to find a little old frail woman wearing a long black dress and wrap.  She was holding out her boney shaking hand which held a piece of paper.  She said to me:  Find him, you must find him for me!  The paper she handed me was a seat ticket.  It was old looking with wrinkles and torn.  She kept saying to me…YOU will find him, you will find the truth.  As our hands touched and I took the paper from her, she was gone.

As I looked at the ticket, I noticed the date, as it was a date I knew only too well…December 21st, the year was 1913.  The seat number was 17.  All these familiar numbers…was this fate?  Was this real?

It was not soon after sitting down in seat 17 that my eyes began to grow heavy and slowly close.

I was awakened by a voice, faint at first and as it seemed to get closer and closer to me I sat there very still as if I were a rabbit frozen at the thought of being discovered by my prey.  I sat there trying to contain my heartbeats so that they would not grow louder and be heard.  As I forced my eyes out the window of the plane I knew that I was not alone.  I knew that if I turned to the right, there would be someone there sitting next to me.  Seen or unseen, there would be someone there.  This would not be the first time I had a connection to a spirit with a story to tell me.
  Somehow there was something familiar about this voice?


No comments: