My Blog List

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Diva Girl, A Pooch With Attitude And Style!

Do you have a special pet? A best pal that is always happy to see you?
 
As you know Moi has an adorable full of spunk, attitude, beauty, and craziness kind of pooch named “Diva Girl” and she is truly a princess! She is Dalmatian, 11 years old going on 3! DG enjoys late lazy mornings, so do not disturb her until after 9:45a.m. or she will tell you off!

I got her when she was just tiny little pup, the smallest of the litter of 11! Can you imagine how 11 of those coming out feels? Guess you ladies don’t have it that bad with 1 or 2? I remember the day I got her, there I was kneeling down in hay, puppy poops, and urine stains wondering which one would become my best pal. That’s when I saw her come from behind a box, she was so gentle and walked with grace and sweetness! She crawled up onto my lap and curled into a ball and slept. That was it, she was the one for me! All cute, cuddling, being so sweet and dear. Her spots were in all the right places, and her tail was completely white! I picked her up and wrapped her in a baby blanket that Grams had made and whisked her away!

Tulips was at a work function, and Big Daddy was at home sleeping in his recliner. They did not know I was going to buy a puppy. In fact they told that if I wanted one ever I would have to move out, as they did not want more dogs. Which when I thought about it, Moi was like “DG is my ticket out of here!” As it was time for me to fly from the nest. Embark out into the world with my new pal on a grand adventure!

Once DG woke up and got familiar with Moi she was a wild girl! She loved chewing on things like my designer shoes, which as you can only imagine did not sit well with Moi, I had to lock her out of my chambers! One afternoon I left her alone for 5 minutes and she climbed on top of my glass dining room table and lifted one of my journals and decided to have it as a toy or snack. When I got back it was in every room. In pieces.

Then one weekend Tulips and Big Daddy came to visit as Moi lived 5 hours from them, and so they came for a long weekend. DG was doing better with the chewing thing or so I thought? She had her own “bed” which was a dog crate with a fluffy blanket and pillow inside it. It was rather plush. Moi decided to crate her so that we could travel better! Well that first afternoon with the folks, Tulips realized one of her thin socks was missing. We looked through everything and could not find it. Well we put DG in her crate and went out shopping. When we returned there it was in the crate with DG covered in fur, puke and we had realized that she had swallowed it and decided it did not agree with her!

Over the years she was grown into a perfect girl! Healthy, spunky, nuts, and she loves to talk, moan, groan, and jump like a kangaroo for her treats! She has a very good life, over the years she has upgraded her bedding from the crate to a comforter, to a basket with a fluffy blanket. Most recently she has a LARGE pillow down filled bed with a blanket. She likes to snuggle and so she always has to be covered up, even in paradise where the temps are 80 degrees!

She enjoys watching for geckos, rabbits, and anything that moves. When it rains she refuses to get her paws wet, and waits until it has passed. Whenever she lets out a toot, she turns her head to see where it came from each time! It is so cute and funny. She has special treats at certain times and she knows it.

She is Diva Girl, friend, pal, lovely companion to Moi! If she could talk a lot of people would be so screwed!
 


If you have ever had a dog then you know what mean, when I say: She is my best friend!

No comments: