My Blog List

Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Love Beyond Time VI

The sun was setting out over the blue waters of the Gulf Of Mexico, the wooden deck below my bare feet was warm from the day’s sun rays. It was smooth as glass and had a pristine shine to it as I walked toward the railing to see the setting sun.

As I got closer to the railing, it was then that I saw him sitting on the bench off to my right. He was remarkable with his rich light brown hair. The waves in it were silky as he turned his head in my direction. As he stood up I noticed he was almost as tall as I, maybe a few inches difference. He was wearing a black tuxedo and had on snow white gloves and was holding a hat in one hand and roses in the other. It was then that he saw me emerge from the shadows, walking towards him. His face lit up, a smile spread from ear to ear, his lips were perfectly shaped, and his blue green eyes were warm, brilliant and inviting. His physique was slender yet with power and stance.

We were getting closer and closer to each other, my heart was racing as I knew who this man was. This was Astor, my Astor. I was his and he was mine. As my eyes adjusted to the brilliant sky overhead and the surreal vision of Astor in front of me, I turned and noticed my reflection in a large window. I was startled to see who I was, what I looked like and what I was wearing. My hair was dark deep brown with warm tones, it hung to my shoulders, with a slight wave. I wore a bathing suit, squared and fitted with a soft plush robe and a cuddly towel draped over my exposed shoulder.

Apparently I was under-dressed. As I approached Astor I could not contain the rapid beating of my heart, it was loud in my ears, my hands were trembling and my knees started to go weak and as I was an arms reach from him. I felt my knees give out and my legs started to crumble as he dropped the roses and wrapped his arms around me and pulling me close into him. Our eyes met, and our lips became one.

I had so many questions, ideas, and thoughts buzzing all at once. How did I get here, was I really even here? Was this real? Was I alive? Am I dreaming all of this? All I knew was that I did not want to take my eyes off of him. I did not want to lose him again. He was my world, my heart, my destiny.

We were soul mates and our love was beyond time.

No comments: