My Blog List

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Murderous Doorway: Two Spirits Awaiting To Cross Over

Is the supernatural real? Do Ghosts really exist, and if so are there such things as Medium’s?

As you know from a few of my stories that I have written since starting this journey into blogosphere land Moi has had many of “encounters” with the other side. Years ago while looking for the F.O.Y. I found myself aimlessly looking for a place to call “home” or at least a base of operations to work from. I came across an old historic Mansion in Small Town America(the Midwest) that sat erected on a hill in a rather dormant positioning. It lacked life, vitality, and was a doorway to the past. A doorway to a murder of historic proportions.

As I walked up the walkway to the rather large tall weathered door and just in that instant where ones skin(hand) makes contact with the door handle I was immediately slapped with flashes of another time. They were glimpses into the past. The house was enormous and the remaining furniture was covered with white sheets, while spider webs danced from arm to arm of each chandelier. As I made my way along the main level of this mansion I took notice to the dining hall table for it was the only piece of furniture that was uncovered. It was naked, bare, nothing on it to be seen. We(the Agent, Brady and Moi) then proceeded to the once grand and active kitchen and then back to the front spiraling staircase that stretched all the way to the third floor with had once been a stunning ballroom. Again as I opened yet another door, this time it leading into the ballroom I was rushed with more flashes, people dancing in lavish ball gowns and tuxedos and gloved hands. And just as fast as the images appeared, they were gone.

We then made our way down the servants staircase, which made me freeze at the top. I was frozen in a place of fear, pain, and a feeling that I knew only to well, it was of death. I knew that there was more to come. And it was when we opened the basement door. The Agent and Brady headed down first and then Moi, and as my right foot stepped onto the top step I knew without a doubt that I could not go down there. I was overtaken with ugly feelings biting away at my core, tearing me up inside and exposing my vulnerable side to the demons of the past. Right before my eyes as if I were right there 100 years ago I saw what had happened in this old house. There were 2 thugs of which both were known by the great man that had owned and had the mansion built, they were beating him bloody, taking turns as their fists’ made contact with his face, tearing and ripping him apart until his lifeless body sank to the basement floor. In that moment I realized I was now all the way down the stairs and standing in front of a old worn door, the cellar door which had been sealed for decades. I knew as I touched it what was on the other side. As I stood there with my trembling hand on the wooden door again, I was transported back to that awful night and this time I was forced to watch the brutal rape and murder of a beautiful woman wearing only her under garments. She was the master’s mistress’/maid and her body was never discovered. However I knew where it was, where she was thrown into a broken pile.

When I came out of it, and back to that present moment I hurried upstairs and when I ran past the servants’ stairs, again I felt that familiar coldness and found myself back in the Dining Hall followed by the Agent and Brady. He asked “Divine, are you alright, you look pale and tired?” I remained silent until I reached the table, which now had a photocopy of a old newspaper article on it. This was not there the first time I saw this table. The article told of how the Master of the house had fallen down the servants’ staircase one late evening after much libations, dancing and frolicking with many guests in the third floor ballroom. However, I know knew what really had happened. And he and his mistress were finally heard, and could finally cross over to the light.

I went back to the house a few days later and all was at peace. It was then that I noticed an old sign in the bushes that read: Home Is Where The Lies.




Doorways are interesting, sometimes they can open ones soul to a new journey, the past, or they can propel you to a whole different plane, one with sadness and pain or that of peace. Regardless, you must embrace it and take the next step.

No comments: