My Blog List

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Divine Do Jour!

Do you enjoy cooking? Preparing orgasmic foods, playing in the kitchen? Do you ever start thinking the night before what to make tomorrow for dinner?

Moi grew up in a home(not a ”home”) where Tulips was always planning the next days meals. She always asked “is there anything anybody wants?” or she would just make whatever her little heart desired. Some days it would be your basic meat and potatoes, or pasta which was a normal meal in our home. Big Daddy every now and then loved eating chop suey…yuck yuck yuck. When you really think about it what is chop suey? At the ages of 4-6 each of us kids were honored everyday when we got home form school with a bowl of spaghettios and hotdogs. EVERYDAY. Really everyday, rain or shine it did not matter. I would come home from morning kindergarten and there on the table would be her house specialty “wieners and spaghettios!” waiting for Moi. It makes me wonder if that is why I am single? I can’t handle wieners anymore? HAHA!!!! I handled/ate to many of them as a kid. That 626 wieners and bowls of spaghettios! How many times did you have to eat them? But really, Tulips always had her heart in the right place. And we kids always love to tease her about this. So maybe it wasn’t exactly 626 days, but if sure seemed like it. There were days when we would meet my Aunt Drucilla at the mall will her brats and we would run amok, except for perfect little Moi! I never ran wild for fear that someone surely would snatch up such a delicious lil morsel of perfection like Moi. Even then you knew I was going to be Divine as I got older. We would eat at this nautical themed fast food diner called “Smacks” and at Smacks they had a salad bar which I always loved having(gotta watch the figure early on) and a plain burger. Which the burgers were like floppy disks but, the fries…now they were pieces of heaven.

Maybe because of what we are “encouraged” to eat as kids is why I cook like I do? Moi enjoys working in the kitchen, playing/preparing soups, salads, entrees, etc…My Grams always said “one day you will go back to college and become a great chef” well it has not happened thus far. Although I am a great chef in my own café. Divine Do Jour!

Yesterday I prepared my world famous Divine Alfredo.

In a mixing bowl pour in heavy cream, veggie broth, half a stick of melted butter and Italian cheeses shredded. About a half pound of cheese or a bit more. Moi never measures out anything. Ok, I do measure one thing…the size of feet my date has! HAHA!!!!

Anyways…then I sprinkle in some Italian herbs, seasonings, a pinch of cayenne for some heat, fresh garlic and mix together. Then I take my sauce and bring it to a boil on the stove top or in the microwave(depending on time).

Next…boil the pasta. Strain, rinse and blot dry and serve with the sauce!

If Moi has anything leftover like chicken, seafood of broccoli I will re-heat that up and mix that is as well.

Remember…you can make a meal out of anything! Bon Appetit!

No comments: