My Blog List

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Love Beyond Time V.

I stood there just gazing in total astonishment at this most beautiful and perfectly shaped gem my eyes have ever seen. It was a traditional cut, the diamond in the center was just full of sparkles, thousands of them that gleamed even in the dim lighting of the setting sun. Circling the magnificent diamond were 10 light blue gems that were flawless and the band was made of gold(a bit worn from the years of captivity) and as I stood there marveling at this token of eternal love I noticed an engraving inside the band. It read: A Love Beyond Time

As I read these words aloud a feeling(s) of familiarity overcame me, as if I had seen this impeccable piece of love before. In that moment I felt compelled to put it on my ring finger? Why? Not sure just that I knew it was meant for me? And how could that be? This was meant for Astor’s true love, not I. The ring slowly slid onto my finger fitting like a glove! Perfect!

Astor was there beside me, I could almost feel his breathe on my neck and his hand holding mine. He had wanted me to find this ring, so that I could find it’s keeper, maybe a relative of his? If one even were alive anymore? Or maybe he just wanted me to keep it. It felt as if I were the chosen recipient of this ring. As I turned back around to gather up the little box from the sand I never heard the wind switch, the clouds rolling fast, or the thunder and lightning begin.

It all happened so fast, the lightning struck the tree high above me causing a limb to split from the tree and in a sudden step backwards as to not get crushed from the large limb I tripped on something and fell backwards. As my head met the rock it was like a hickory nut falling furiously to the ground as it’s outer shell burst off it only to leave it exposed, laying there, lifeless.

As my body lay there still almost with no life left in it as the droplets of water seemed to fall all around it, my body, the body that seemed to no longer really house my soul as my eyes adjusted to my surroundings and my heart fluttered with a newness, with an exciting feeling of peace and joy. Love.

I was no longer on Indian Rocks Beach 2011, but on a ship standing on the upper deck overlooking the magical waters and off into the nearby distance was a shoreline, a beach. Indian Rocks Beach…
 
 

No comments: