My Blog List

Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Fog Comes Rolling In...Part 1

Have you ever gone on a family vacation when you were a child? Was it fun, exciting and did it make you anxious so much so that you could not sleep the nights leading up to the day with you and your family fit the road or the air?


“Picture It”

It was the summer of 1986, June actually. The trip was planned for late June, but Tulips and Big Daddy decided to surprise Moi and my older brother Terrance(the pain in the ass that he is) and woke us up at 4a.m. June 8th. We hit the HWY in our 4 door Horizon Sundance(Torch Red) and by 8a.m. it was already a sweltering 85 degrees. We have no A/C in the that ever so trendy vehicle. As I reflect back on the trip I can honestly say I know what sardines feel like. As we drove along I tried to maintain my sanity and the perspiration that was dripping down my forehead and down to my underarms from reaching cheeks/booty. I waved a grass made hand held fan back and forth, side to side, up and down, between my legs, under my arms in hopes of remaining cooler.

We arrived late that first evening at a motel somewhere in some city unknown to Moi. We got to our room and Terrance and I decided to go out and take a swim in the pool. As I reached my perfect hand to the patio door handle and opened it slowly to this dense fog that seemed to be engulfing the patio area, the pool and decking. As my eyes adjusted to the heavy thick as pea soup fog and my sandled feet onto the deck I heard a crunch! And another crunch, and another until all Moi’s perfect ears only heard was sound of crunching everywhere we walked. Terrance reached down through the thick fog and grabbed an object. We were walking all over beetles, hundreds or thousands of these disgusting insects. I just stood there…

It was then at that moment that I for some unknown reason felt this power, this presence engulf me and almost control my body, my muscles, and my mind…All I could do was stand there frozen, unable to move, a prisoner in my own body. It was as if I were in a vat of ice cold water slowly rising higher and higher. My limbs were going numb slowly as the fog grew thicker all around me. As I slowly moved my eyes to my brother I saw then that the fog was only circling Moi… What was this exactly? Was it the devil? A dark power unknown to Moi?

Never take your Divine Ass to a motel that resembles “The Bates Motel” always stay at a 5***** establishment.
  
To Be Continued …

No comments: