My Blog List

Monday, October 11, 2010

Moi, A Stiff Shirt? As If!

I am just so shocked, so, so, so very shocked at what Moi was told recently! A few weeks ago I decided to share my credentials and fabulous experience with a very specific company. Now as you all well know, Divine Man is well…Divine! And any company(not just any company-I am not easy!) would be all the more divine to welcome Moi into their fold. Of course now I would have to be wined and dined a tad before even possibly contemplating such a move. You see, when I seek out a person, a place or company I always go for the best and brightest!

Anyways, I was called this week by this specific company and of course the Assistant to The Director Of Corporate Operations calls and practically begs me through the phone to if possible, “squeeze in a meeting this week.” Moi of course accepts her request and agrees to this on Friday at 11:30am.

I arrive at the Corporate Offices early naturally, and I look Divine as always, I am wearing my white Jackie O’s, my hair is perfect, as is my face. I decided to dress sharp and professional in all black with a cranberry red tie. Dam I looked hot! So I waited in the lobby for the DOCO to gather me up! Well he was fashionably late…he obviously did not know Moi or he would have been early like Moi.

He leads me into his conference room and offers me a chair. The air was still, and all I could do was take long shallow breaths to remain calm and cool like a freshly harvested cucumber just before it is going to be sliced and diced into a sandwich. For all intent purposes we will call The DOCO, Randy. Randy starts his lingo and is very detailed in his explanation of the 2 positions for which he so desperately wants me for. We engage in friendly banter back and forth.

And that’s when he tells Moi “I have to be honest, you are rather a stiff shirt, or at least I was getting that from you in the beginning and now you are opening up more, and I am feeling more of the man I imagined I would meet from your impeccable qualifications.” I am so stunned! Moi a stiff shirt? As if! I mean I am all about being professional and I truly feel there is a time and a place to be stiff! But Moi is no stiff shirt! I knew I should have worn my white Jackie O’s and red boa into the meeting(banging my head against the wall) and just been my perfectly charming funny over the top Divine self.

But can you imagine…me a stiff shirt? HA!

I sincerely hope that they call me back in for a second meeting. And Divine Man will be simply that…Divine!
“Randy” and “Patty”…I could go into song and dance right now but I would rather save the good stuff for when I start with the company. That way you can see me in Divine Action!
 
Remember all my divine people out there…Never second guess yourself or your instincts like I did at this first meeting. Never hide your star quality! Be who you are! Divine!



Feel free to write to Moi...about your thoughts, questions, issues, etc...

man.divine@yahoo.com

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yeah, you are definitely no stiff shirt- haha!! But great lesson for me today- I have two interviews! I'm just going to be myself, thanks for the reminder...