My Blog List

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

To Be Thankful

While on the road Moi has had A LOT of time to reflect, look back and look forward. I also have been thinking about what is important truly to Moi. Have you ever heard of the ole’ saying “Home Is Where The Heart Is?” well I believe that deeply. I have traveled and moved 31 times through my young existence and I do enjoy it because it provides me with excitement, a sense of newness that I am always eager to have in life. And it allows me to buy new furniture each time I move. It is Moi’s way of forever stimulating the economy.
Anyways, back to “Home Is Where The Heart Is” if you think about it, and if you reflect on all your happiest moments and memories from when you were a child to present day…where were you? For Moi really has been blessed. My “home” really is where the heart rests.

 Growing up in a family like mine, remember Tulips…the saintly Mother of mine with the heart as pure as golden sugar cane who is my dearest and most treasured person in my life, and my Grams, may she be resting in peace with Gramps. And of course Big Daddy…he is a rather husky loud Italian man, who spends his time making wine, canning veggies and anything else that he can pickle(I have been looking for our bird for a few months, ummm?) and then there is the “happy lil family” which consists of my brother Terrance, his wife Evita, and their 3 adorable boys.

This Thanksgiving Moi will be spending it on the beach eating lobster, shrimp stuffing, flaming pink flamingo, citrus vodka infused cranberry relish, yams, couscous, and pumpkin pecan cheesecake. Moi does love traditional stuffing, especially when Tulips and I prepare it together. That really is the only part of turkey day that I enjoy, oh and when Tulips and Moi compares the size of Tom Turkey’s cobbler compared to that of Butterball’s. Sometimes you come across a really BIG cobbler!

Moi can safely say “Everyone really does have fruitful blessings and reasons to be thankful.” This year has been rather testing and as Moi looks back at last November and how I came so close to falling off The Edge Of Darkness and looking at where I am today(in my red limo) typing another fabulous tale for all of you.

So this November 25th, 2010 as you are gathering with your family, lover(s), your child, yourself or with perhaps those less fortunate then yourself take a moment to reflect, and share your reason(s) of gratitude.
 
 
Happy Thanksgiving! 
 
 

No comments: