My Blog List

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Paint(shit) Really Hit The Wall!

Moi has always painted each of my 12 properties I have owned/and/or renovated. Each room I have so majestically painted, designed and furbished with much love, attention to detail, and a bit of divineness!
Whenever Moi walks into a house, building or trailer(yes that is correct, a trailer) something exciting happens…it is like a rush of warmth deep inside bursting to explode in a wild mad frenzy of unadulterated and unbridled orgasmic creativeness.

Take my palace for example: Moi designed each room, the colors, the window treatments, furniture, accessories and of course my designer Christmas trees. The kitchen was a soft butter yellow, cherry wood cabinets, wood floor, and granite gray counter tops. All my accessories and small appliances were red. Moi even bought an old retro oven that was white and refinished the doors in red! The dining room blood red with a yellow washed parchment on the walls. Actually the day I applied the parchment to the walls I had the fireplace burning and when the parchment dried, the seams split. So Moi being more crafty then Martha. Moi hot glued blood red ribbon over the seams and no one knew what had happened. The dining room windows were covered with French toile fabric in red, white and goldenrod yellow. The living room was 3 shades of gold, and the bar room was copper, terra cotta and ivory. I would share with you Moi’s boudoir but only certain people ever got to see it.

I have to say, in all my years….which if you look at Moi you would say….21 years only?! Anyways I have never ever spilled paint while working on a room. And you know why? Because Moi is perfect, naturally.

Which brings me to share something devastating with you. Moi’s best bud Brady is painting the ceiling in my winter retreat in paradise while I am away visiting Tulips and Big Daddy.
I had selected to go with an Antique White for the ceiling in the great room. So while Brady was up on the ladder painting the trim and doing all the edging(his favorite part) he went to turn and dip his brush into the gallon of paint when for some unseen reason…in slow motion the pail began to tip and as Brady tried to stop it from tipping he broke a nail and the handle came off the pail and the pail of ivory paint splattered all over the walls I recently painted chocolate malt, the new fireplace mantle, and as it bounced off the new flooring and onto Moi’s new couch, Brady hurried down the ever so large ladder(it was a step ladder, but large to Brady) and began to weep with shear and utter terror at the display in from of him. Lucky for Moi, Diva Girl was in her closet sleeping. Otherwise my spotted pooch would no longer be spotted.

Below is a picture of a section of the floor, and the other picture is of the paint truck that Brady was driving the day after to bring new paint for the ceilings! Let’s just say Brady is not having a good week.
 
 

No comments: