My Blog List

Monday, December 6, 2010

A Love Beyond Time

I walked along the quiet still beach barefoot as the sun was almost setting. The evening air was still and just every once and awhile a faint movement of coolness brushes past my face. The sand beneath my feet is still warm from the hot sun and the water is sparkling like diamonds in a showcase laying upon rippled blue velvet.

After walking a few miles and watching the setting sun out over the ocean on the beautiful horizon, I get a sense that there are eyes on me, watching my every step, movement, as the hair on my arms stands erect. I turn around ever so slowly yet sharp so I can catch this person, figure, or thing that is watching me. Yet I see no one. So I decide to sit a spell on the now cooling white sand. As I sit there in wonder and amazement looking around at my ever so plush, green and tropical surroundings I notice the foot prints. The foot prints that seem to be leading toward me. And then stop. With no retraction prints. They just stop. Pointing at me.

A few days later I find myself wondering and intrigued as to what would explain the mysterious foot prints in the sand? I decide to head to the historical society office. Perhaps I will find some clues or answers?

While digging through old papers, articles, and newspaper clippings(for 2.5 hrs) I finally come across a worn, browned old article it reads:

Is the Ghost that Roams Indian Rocks Beach Searching For A Lost Love? The Mystery of the Lost Love 

As I sit there reading this article, I wonder if what I sensed on the beach was Astor’s spirit?

December 21st, 1912

The tragedy that struck Indian Rocks Beach in the late hour of 8 O’ Clock After Dark on December 17th, 1912 was a devastation of significant proportions that will haunt many persons for a long while.
There is one story I must share with you, it is about true love, a love that lives even after a loss so profound like you are going to follow.

Astor Benedict, 25 of The Benedicts’ Of Rockney Hill was aboard the Heartstar when it exploded December 17th, 1912. Astor was on deck with his true love, whom of which not one persons can name. Astor was thrown from the deck after the devastating explosion erupted and leaving the only survivor, Astor with many racing questions and a hole in his heart. It is said that Astor was witnessed at the beach near the wreckage site falling to his knees and feverishly searching the sands for an object.

Astor’s love still remains a mystery? Is this person alive? Injured, missing? And will Astor ever find his true love?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hSo will Astor find his true love? past, present, or future? I await your next sequel...