My Blog List

Monday, December 20, 2010

Why Am I Here? Why are you?

A birthday is a day or anniversary of the particular month and day on which a person was born. Birthdays are celebrated in numerous cultures, often with a gift, party or rite of passage. Although the major religions celebrate the birth of their founders (e.g., Buddha's Birthday), Christmas - which is celebrated widely by Christians and non-Christians alike - is the most prominent example. In contrast, certain religious groups express principled opposition to the very idea of celebrating birthdays. Or such as Divine Man’s Birthday. December 17th The most wonderful day of the year! Well at least Moi thinks it is and it should be deemed a national holiday, hell an international holiday!

Moi had a funny story to share with you about birthdays past, however I would prefer to tell you something serious, something maybe even inspiring.

Have you ever wondered why each of us are born? Really, have you ever just sat back and looked hard into a mirror and asked “why am I here?” Or taken a walk outside while the heavens are dropping hundreds of thousands of soft imperfect flakes of joy and wonder “why does it snow?” kind of like asking “why am I here?” well you maybe not know the answer to each of those questions, but what we do know is: there is a real purpose for each and everything and everyone.

Since I was a young child I can remember that Moi wanted to help others, make a real difference in the lives of people wherever I might go. As Moi reflects back over the years since my birth I can say…dam you have done good for others. From the moment I was born. In fact it was that very fact. You see Tulips was unable to get pregnant. After a number of miscarriages, she and Big Daddy adopted a newborn who is known as “The Gift.” Then a few years later on December 17th she gave birth to “The Miracle” who would grow up and become “Divine Man.”
Forgive Moi, as I am getting a bit chocked up! Maybe it is because I am watching one of my favorite flicks “Last Holiday” and Queen Latifah’s character, Georgia Byrd has just told the asshole and the others that she is dying. Now she is on the ledge and LL Cool J just told her he loves her…gets me every time! Tears are flying!

Anyways, so I ask, have I made a difference?

John F. Kennedy said that one person can make a difference, and every person must try. What if each of us really did try? What if each of us spontaneously decided that, one by one, we can really be the better world we wish for?

So I ask you take a few minutes and answer the following questions:

Who Am I?
 
Why Am I Here?
 
What Am I Doing For Others?

Moi is collecting stories for a project, and I would like to hear yours. So please email Moi with your answers, you can remain anonymous if you like. You can email Moi at: man.divine@yahoo.com
 
Albert Einstein: “Each of us is here for a brief sojourn; for what purpose we know not, though sometimes we sense it. But we know from daily life that we exist for other people first of all, for whose smiles and well-being our own happiness depends.”

Happy Birth Day to each of you!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

No comments: